Ignite Amps has released an update to the free PTEq-X audio effect plugin, a digital emulation of 3 famous vintage passive program equalizers. And now its Free
Personally i DO use this in my mastering chain. Its common dropped in as the LAST effect plugin. It has been developed to have all the characteristics of the original hardware, plus some circuit improvements and additional features to increase its versatility. PTEq-X is meant to be used as a studio equalizer for tracking, mixing and mastering inside hosts capable of VST or AU Plug-Ins support.
Changes in PTEq-X v1.1.1
- Added Mac OS X 10.15 Catalina compatibility (32-bit version dropped).
- Removed PEQ1A output noise when turning knobs quickly.
- Fixed wrong MEQ5 Mid Cut potentiometer type.
- Fixed bug causing the VST3 plug-in to not initialize correctly on some hosts.
- Minor bugs fixed.
PTEq-X is available to download in VST/VST3 and AU plugin formats for Windows and Mac.
- Three different equalization modules with perfectly analog curve response even at highest frequencies
- Ignite Amps 3rd generation triode stage analog modeling for 4 different tube types
- Additional selectable frequencies for the PEQ1A model, compared to the original design
- Refined filters frequency precision for the MQ5 and HL3C models, compared to the original design
- Switchable equalizers and tube stage modeling for better CPU usage management
- Switchable linear phase oversampling for aliasing reduction
- Global input / output level controls
- Mono / Stereo processing support
- Double precision (64-bit) floating point processing
- Fully automatable controls
- Ignite Amps proprietary preset management system with bank file import/export functions